In need of a good web design tool for DIV positioning
Posted: 07 August 2007 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-08-07

Hello,

I’ve been doing web design for a long time, but not seriously until about the beginning of the year.  I want a program that is WYSIWYG and accurately displays DIV positioning.  I’ve been using dreamweaver, and if I program the code in, it will look right on my web browser, but not in the program itself.  I’ve been coming to CSS Drive for the last two months or so to get inspiration and whatnot, and there are so many good designs that I figure theres got to be what I’m looking for.

Maybe a simpler way to put all of this is, what programs do some people that come around here use for DIV positioning, or do a lot of people make the site in a photoshop program, record the coordinates and work it from there?

Thank you
- Ross

Posted: 21 August 2007 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2007-08-21

Try to use Homesite to clean up the dreamweaver code.

Posted: 12 May 2008 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-03-20

I prefer hand coding all my CSS.  Record the coordinates in PS doesn’t do much for me because most of my layouts are fluid.

Cheers!

Posted: 30 May 2008 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-30
msininism - 07 August 2007 06:27 PM

Hello,

I’ve been doing web design for a long time, but not seriously until about the beginning of the year.  I want a program that is WYSIWYG and accurately displays DIV positioning.  I’ve been using dreamweaver, and if I program the code in, it will look right on my web browser, but not in the program itself.  I’ve been coming to CSS Drive for the last two months or so to get inspiration and whatnot, and there are so many good designs that I figure theres got to be what I’m looking for.

Maybe a simpler way to put all of this is, what programs do some people that come around here use for DIV positioning, or do a lot of people make the site in a photoshop program, record the coordinates and work it from there?

Thank you
- Ross

I use Dreamweaver also but I only trust what I preview in the browser not the DW preview.
I hope this helps.

Posted: 22 September 2009 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-09-05

Also, keep in mind multiple browser compatibility.

Posted: 10 December 2009 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-10

You could try dreamweaver like what the first user to reply here said.

Regards,
Racelyn
Placement financier