Advice on volunteering next summer
Posted: 09 April 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-09-18

Some of my friend and I had our first volunteer adventures this summer and loved it! We had two one month assignments, both very different work and sites. I am looking forward to doing more next summer. I currently have 3 1/2 months lined up.

I’d like to volunteer the month of July, which is in the middle of the trip. I understand that state parks prefer someone who can stay longer than one month. I have one park that has me as a volunteer unless someone else come along who can commit longer. There is another park I’d really like to go to. I have submitted application and called three times over the last month with no response. I then contacted the state volunteer coordinator who took my application. They did contact me to say that they were passing the application on to the park. Still no response. I’m getting a bit frustrated. Have any of you had this experience? I’m also thinking that it might be a reflection on the park and maybe I should re-think my desires to be there.

Also-in regards to the park that wants to see if they can get someone who will give more time-how long do you think I should wait on that? I’d hate to start on our trip and get bumped out of the slot. Does that ever happen?

Call Centre