Review of my Information Systems website Presentation and Feel
Posted: 27 March 2011 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2010-04-07

Hi guys, i’ve been working my butt off on these systems for over a year now, and i’ve finally got them to a point where i feel comfortable letting to public begin to subscribe to them to use on their own websites.

I’m not good at marketing myself, nor my products, so i was wondering if i could get some feedback on what users THINK about these systems, and what they think about the way i’m presenting them (eg, words, design, layout, USABILITY, etc). It would also be great if someone actually USED them and told me what they thought.

The website in question is: http://iims.ionisis.com
You would click on a particular system to view its details; that main iims page is just an overview as to how my SaaS framework works with the systems.

If you actually wanted to check them out and USE them to see how they feel (usability), you can see them and use them at TheSocialExpo.com

I REALLY appreciate any help on this, as i’ve been working on this for FAR too long to give up now…

Thanks.

Posted: 29 March 2011 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-07

Ok, i know this sounds crazy, but tell me what you think about this “retarded” marketing idea:

I decided to make all of the systems FREE. People can use them for no money at all. I wonder how that’s going to go over…

My HOPES are that the free accounts that are ad supported (via MY OWN internal ad system) will generate enough ad revenue to cover the cost of their bandwidth and cpu and memory consumption… I could loose my shirt on this one, or make it big. I guess we’ll see…

Posted: 31 March 2011 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-07

Ok, i think that i’ve NAILED it with this last modification, if anyone wants to give it another look. I figured out, thanks to everyone’s feedback, that i was FLOODING the user with an information overload. So, i found a way to include all of the information on the page, AND MORE, in such a way that the user can consume it in a much easier way. I really think this is a MAJOR improvement :D.