Please give me your feedback!
Posted: 24 February 2009 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-02-24

Hello all :)

I made that Lagos state website design and as it’s not usually my style I need your feedback here, not only for the webiste itself, i also need to know if you think I made that lagos blog page good enough or I need to made it like I made that lagos hotels page?

Thanks for your time, just tell me what you think - I want to improve myself.

Posted: 25 February 2009 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-01-29

Remove the pop up ad things, and about 60% of the content, and make the headings bigger.

Those “AdBrite” pop ups ads are one of the most annoying ads I’ve encountered, nuke ‘em! :) Plus, there are too many ads, the site looks like one of those parked domain sites that try to steal your information.

There is way, way too much content. Try removing a bunch of it, I’d say around 60% of it. The site’s too busy looking, and the content’s all crammed together and doesn’t look that professional.

And it took me about 2 minutes to find out what all the content in the middle was, then I found the small blue header, hidden by everything else, try to make your headings stand out more than your content and advertisement.

I’d suggest putting arrows on all of the drop down menu items, this shows visitors that there’s a drop down menu. I didn’t notice this until I went to switch tabs and these blue things started popping up, I though it was more ads, but it was sub menus. To make a down arrow, use:

▼ 

The menu’s flat, meaning it’s boring. There’s no style to it, it just looks like a bunch of crammed together boxes. Try applying padding to the menu items, and taking out some of them to make it less crowded.

The blogs page is fine, but just as crowded. I think all the stuff in the sidebars is cramming up the content.

Sorry it’s all negative, but that’s what criticism is all about, right? ;)

Cheers,
X96 WD

Posted: 24 March 2009 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2009-03-09

To continue with the previous post:

- Make some space between middle and left ( right ) column.
- Center column - content is too much plain at the home page. Put bigger headings, don’t put all the text - only some teaser with link, and don’t justify text, make it
  left align.

Posted: 21 April 2009 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-21

The design of the website does not meet my taste.

Posted: 24 April 2009 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-04-02

hello folks

great stuff - love t he words you write!

running on http://www.jobtarters.org a page which is in BETA butt i am wiling to learn.

cheers
met

Posted: 03 December 2009 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-03

Looking good for me. I mean, it’s nothing great but its clean.

Regards,
Rachele
Ordinateur portable pas cher

Posted: 04 December 2009 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-12-04

Not really my taste either. As was said by others, too much crammed into that single page. Cut out about 75% of it.

Earl