Trying to stay ahead
Posted: 21 December 2010 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-12-21

Any help you can offer is really welcome. I have a site promoting vacation apartments in the south of France. This site is aimed at English speakers. I see many sites adding flash animation and gif animation to their home pages. I have avoided this because I have heard Mr. Google doesn’t like it. This does however seem to limit me to youtube videos or images. Any ideas how I can keep my site simple to navigate, easy to obtain information yet look more up to date without hurting google ranking? And without making my brain explode with too much information as I am over 50 and really trying my best at this.
Perpignan accommodation

Posted: 30 December 2010 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-12-30

I’ve never heard of google not liking flash on home pages. Perhaps you are confusing this with google not liking flash-only sites? There is nothing wrong with putting flashlets (small flash objects) on your home page provided the file is small in size.

Carlfr - 21 December 2010 04:02 PM

Any help you can offer is really welcome. I have a site promoting vacation apartments in the south of France. This site is aimed at English speakers. I see many sites adding flash animation and gif animation to their home pages. I have avoided this because I have heard Mr. Google doesn’t like it. This does however seem to limit me to youtube videos or images. Any ideas how I can keep my site simple to navigate, easy to obtain information yet look more up to date without hurting google ranking? And without making my brain explode with too much information as I am over 50 and really trying my best at this.
Perpignan accommodation

Posted: 30 December 2010 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-12-30

thanks so much I wish you luck

Posted: 03 January 2011 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-01-03

You have to be very careful when implementing flash on your pages.  Know your audience since most of the third-world do not have flash capability.  In essence, you’ll lose those visitors to non-image displays.