Draiocht Web Design
Posted: 18 March 2006 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2006-03-14

I am in love with css! I had multiple stylesheets on this site for a while that I have now scrapped.. but yesterday I did roundy corners for the first time, I think Im getting this now! Im a freelancing student, and they aren’t doing css in college.. still.. I hope Im doing an ok job!

Heres my site, critiques welcomed!

Draiocht Web Design

Oh also, I am figuring out how to display only the first two lines of the blog on the first page.. if anyone can help with that it would be great! And Im also going to assign ids to the headings of the blogs to make them larger.. but besides that I could use suggestions.. feel free to test the comments section! ;D

Posted: 23 March 2006 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-14

Weird! My stats say I got hit 33 times from this link.. is it because I used tables no-one said anything???

Posted: 23 March 2006 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-14

Ah.. I see, the forum is being deleted..

Posted: 24 March 2006 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2004-05-22

I think it looks pretty decent, especially the top menu. Converting to a tableless design definitely would be a plus though.

Posted: 24 March 2006 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-14

Yay! Thanks George! :) Yeah, Im trying out the divs at the moment.. its a bit scary making the dive, I dont even know how I can do the rounded corners using divs.. or as easily as with tables, but thanks for the feedback.. I’ll get there :)

Posted: 13 May 2006 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-14

Quick Update! I have a tableless design and fully valid design.. yaaaaay! :) But I have refused to follow trends, as I prefer to do something different to other people or what the general community thinks is cool, and Im trying to get showcased by some galleries (including this one *cough* :D)
Do you think I have any hope? Or should I just pack it in for black and gray gradients and giant footers… :(

Posted: 13 May 2006 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-14

http://www.draoichtwebdesign.com
here it is again!

Posted: 17 May 2006 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-04-03

Hello ..please check your last link it does not work.

About the site…overall it is a very good design .I like it a lot.There were some aspects that I think could be improved.

1. The background of the top menu ( yellow color beneath the nav tabs) is the same color as the separation line….I think a different color will separate the two areas (blue part and the content) much better.

2.You might want to change the style of the “visited” state of the nav bars, by changing either the font-weight , or the color of the font.The way it is now you do not have contrast there , it’s light blue on white background….

3.The two pictures on the right side of the home page should be improved.The way it is now it looks “sterile”....E.g. in the one with the magnifying glass you might want to use the rest of the document as a background and not a white background.

Same goes for the second picture.Try adding a clear blue sky and so on….

Aside from those aspects it is a beautifull website ..good work!

Posted: 18 May 2006 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2005-12-07

I’m using firefox.  The “more” links at the bottom right of Services and Portfolio boxes only display when I mouse over them…not a terrible thing since the whole block is a link, but I’d rather see them straight away w/o mousing over.  The overall layout and images are awesome.  I think a splash color could help really put this over the top, seems like too much white and grey but that is just my 2 cents.  Great work.

Posted: 25 April 2007 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-02-13

Hi, I like your site and your portfolio. Your photos are awesome! You should be a photographer. Did you study photography or you’re a natural?

Posted: 04 May 2007 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2007-04-13
hacker26 - 13 May 2006 10:05 AM

http://www.draoichtwebdesign.com]http://www.draoichtwebdesign.com
here it is again!

http://www.draiochtwebdesign.com/

http://www.draiochtwebdesign.com/

hmm…you silly wabbit..you misspelled your own URL! :)

nice site all in all, pleaasant to look at 8/10

Posted: 05 May 2007 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2007-05-05

yep - lovely site. well done!

Posted: 09 May 2007 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-10-22

great work. a very comfortable site