IE - Two should be visible, but vanish.  One should be hidden, but appears.
Posted: 08 November 2008 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-11-08

Hi,

I am developing a plugin for Rapidweaver, a WYSISYG web development program for OS X.

I’m trying to get everything at least functional in IE.

I’ve run into two problems that have had me stumped for awhile:

Example - please ignore the hideous colours.  I *was* testing png support, but noticed some more severe problems in the process.

#1 - There should be two arrows, one on the left, one on the right of the coloured box.  In IE 5 (I’m downloading IE7 now, but I’m quite sure the same thing happens) the arrows load, are visible for around one second, then disappear.

Obviously, they should remain visible.

#2 - Line #69: class=portalpage0 style=overflow:hidden is being ignored.  This should hide most of the class=tube’s text, which allows the effect of “cells” sliding into/out of view when an arrow is pressed.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this horrible behaviour, and what I could do to fix it?

I’m very sorry for the inline CSS and the crazy class names, but it is necessary as this is a plugin, not a one-off site design.  The plugin may be “imported” via Rapidweaver into a different plugin, which could result in it being spat into another div, meaning stylesheet linking would be illegal.  The class names have “page0” appended to them for a similar reason.  Sigh.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.