My Website
Posted: 23 September 2008 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-09-23

Please check this website http://www.history-of-india.net , I am new in website design, hence I have created a website ” http://www.history-of-india.net “, I am not sure the color theme and images are fit according to the site or what is the scop of this site in future.. Please suggest me how to improve this website.

Thanks in advance,
Satya

Posted: 02 October 2008 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-10-02

We are also in the throws of changing the web design for our site http://www.off-plan.com to make it more appealing to users. Any tips would be useful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: 11 October 2008 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-10-10

Satya001

I’m impressed. The site looks good and doesn’t show that you’re new to website design. I love the logo, the picture and the colour scheme in general.

My main comment is that you have the ancient age, middle age and modern age menu items at the top but then on the right hand side you have prehistoric India and kingdoms of ancient India (could these be incorporated into ancient India? or have another manu option prehistoric India?) and on the left hand side you have India’s freedom struggle (which should probably be under modern age?) and contemporary history (which again should be under modern age?) Maybe because I know little about Indian history, I find this confusing - I would like everything for modern age to appear under the menu item “modern age” and not to have to hunt round the screen for it.

Likewise, you have Religion of India as a menu option on the left hand side but some way underneath you have another section on History of Religions of India. And you have bits about Buddhism and Hinduism on the right hand side.

Personally, I can’t see why you should have Guy Fawkes Day and Pearl Habour Day taking up prominent space in a website about India - it detracts from what you are trying to achieve.

Also, at the bottom of the screen, I would expect to find footer navigation - not Astrology, food, movies etc.

Having said that, I think the website looks really good. Well done!

Hope this helps.

Posted: 11 October 2008 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-10-10

Off-Plan website

I’m afraid that my first impressions weren’t good.

To me, the masthead looks too much like a template and it doesn’t have anything to do with property investment - the phrase “it’s all about time” doesn’t tell me what you do. I found the swirling video of high-rise flats somewhat manic and very annoying and that swirling video is competing for your attention against the rotating images to your right. Originally, I thought these images were a paid advertisment and that annoyed me further.

I’m sorry if my comments are negative - I personally would redesign your masthead to get your central message across and give prominence to one set of quality rotating pictures.

Hope this helps - I’m trying to be constructive not critical.

Posted: 01 December 2008 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-25

hello

its a good website.

thx

Posted: 24 April 2009 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-04-02

love the words you write
running on http://www.jobtarters.org a page which is in BETA butt i am wiling to learn.

cheers
met

Posted: 07 November 2009 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-07

I like XsitePro 2 for building small business websites but it’s not free. If you’re looking for some free options you might want to try Kompozer or Coffee Cup.
Convert PSD to CSS

Posted: 09 November 2009 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-09

The site looks good. It’s pretty neat. I like it.

Regards,
Garry
Simulation pret immobilier