1 of 2
Web Design SEO Tips for Web Masters
Posted: 13 August 2010 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-08-13

So my friends,as an experience of SEO I just want to share some points for site design of SEO.Design of site palys an important role for traffic generation and good page ranking.
Use SEO friendly JavaScript
Prefer fresh design
Links talk
Design is linkbait
Have great linking with footers
Keep a horizontal directory structure
Look at search bots as browsers
CSS image replacement
Follow the basics, titles, meta tags are still important
Keep the meta descriptions descriptive and precise to about 150 characters

Posted: 17 August 2010 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2010-06-17

This is just FAR to vague to be useful.  It’s like saying “links are good”.

People linking for a useful list of SEO factors would do far better to visit SEOmoz’s Ranking Factors.

Good luck.

Dave Davies, CEO
Beanstalk SEO

Posted: 01 September 2010 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-01

Great tips…thanks

Posted: 01 September 2010 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-06-06

Agreed with beanstalkseo. There are at least 200 known ranking factors.

And btw, seo has little to do with web design.
Search engine bots don’t stop and admire your site and compliment it for being ‘universally beautiful’.
They ‘feed’ on the HTML code, not your site’s colors.

So, saying that ‘Design of site palys an important role for traffic generation and good page ranking’ is technically incorrect!

Posted: 03 September 2010 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-31

Thanks a lot for sharing useful SEO tips.

Posted: 03 September 2010 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-09-03

nice, thanks for sharing

Posted: 14 September 2010 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-09-14

Hello…..................

Hello everyone,

I am planning to design a website using PHP & MySQL. I do not know well about PHP & MySQL. But, I am having Programming Skills. I can learn them quickly.

Please advice me on the following:

1. Domain name & Web Hosting account (Minimum Cost, How to buy & Genuine Providers)
2. SEO(Search Engine Optimization) (Tips & Tricks)

Thank you.

Facebook Layouts

Posted: 16 September 2010 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-16

Some good information. Kind of vague, but points are made. Thank you.

Posted: 16 September 2010 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-16

I definitely noticed a long time ago that visual appearance plays a key role in SEO. The more “eye candy”, so to speak, the better the results.

Posted: 17 September 2010 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-03-15

Interesting observation you made on visual appearance. I always want my site to look clean and pleasing to the eye, but I thought SEO was based more on technical aspects such as using h1, h2, h3 tags etc., meta, title tags, alt tags on images, naming images appropriately, keyword anchor text, backlinks, etc.

Posted: 18 September 2010 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-18

Where to start with SEO.  I would get a good book such as ‘the art of seo’ http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596518875.  This can be as time consuming and exhaustive as you want it to be.  Basically, have unique page names and descriptions, if you are using a cms be careful of 301 and 302 redirects, do some research on the keywords you want to use - find one that is searched for but not currently uniquely offered, i.e. long tail searches.  One word - content.  If you have images all over the place - use alt tags or try the css image replacement techniques.  Two of the most decisive factors that I have found are

1 - a well know domain name like cbs.com will give you leverage, so if you start as site at amazon.amazingfurniture.com you will be ahead of the game (although I don’t think this would be applicable to most small business sites).

2 - Links, links, links.  Get well respected sites to link to your sites and in turn link back to them.  The most fundamental principle of SEO is spiders following links and seeing whose linking to who.  The rest is mostly trying to weed out the spammers.

I haven’t tried this yet but geographical info might be good depending on what you are trying to do.  There are hundreds of variables in SEO depending on what your business model is and who you are marketing to.  If you are a small business or startup and the internet is a large part of your sales model, I would design the site around SEO considerations and let everything else go second.  Amazon doesn’t get any beauty awards but I go there almost every week, Google everyday.  You don’t want a ton of hits, you want hits from people who will buy something.  So if you are getting 10000 hits a day and a hundred sales and your site looks like something from an art museum, great,  but if your site is bare bones, easy to navigate, you get 500 hits a day and 200 of those people buy something, which is better? 

That’s my two cents :-)

Posted: 22 September 2010 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-22

Research and read everything possible on SEO best practices from the outset of the project. Always bear in mind that the model can cool but not least the code that goes behind. Keep optimized code, monitor compliance with W3C beginning. Follow the basics, titles, meta tags still important, not taking into consideration in order to save space. Save the directory structure in a horizontal plane, not go very deeply into them, search engines, such as easy access to all documents in less time. When a filename and directory to save the simple and obvious. Keep the numbers and strange symbols. Optimized for best image size and fast loading. If you can not stay away from attractive graphic downloads page elements mixing. Do not make them dim.

Posted: 29 September 2010 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-29

SEO cannot be limited to few steps, there are many ways to optimize a website. If you google for tutorials you will see alot of websites providing these information for free.

Posted: 04 October 2010 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-04

Design has not much influence SEO wise , maybe marginally because the bounce rate of a site is a factor.
Better designed sites tend to keep a surfer longer on your site .
you should really focus on the html of your site and good content .

———————————————————————

David Leviatanov

Car Expert : car rental israel

Internet Marketing Geek : internet marketing

Posted: 04 October 2010 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-04
sadee - 13 August 2010 11:22 AM

So my friends,as an experience of SEO I just want to share some points for site design of SEO.Design of site palys an important role for traffic generation and good page ranking.
Use SEO friendly JavaScript
Prefer fresh design
Links talk
Design is linkbait
Have great linking with footers
Keep a horizontal directory structure
Look at search bots as browsers
CSS image replacement
Follow the basics, titles, meta tags are still important
Keep the meta descriptions descriptive and precise to about 150 characters

I am a newbie too so my question to you is:can you elaborate a bit about your points?my case is like this:i built myself my website http://www.cata-limo.com thru website tonight and i didn’t need skills of HTML or Java or else,its kind of wyswyg ,anyway ,i need someone to give me a hand how to compress my images and the back of the website in general for speed purposes and what else i need to improve,i can pay someone to do it for me if its not too expensive,thanks.

Posted: 04 October 2010 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-04

Nice tips i was extremely impressed.I hope u share more informative tips with us…...........Thanx LOGO DESIGN

1 of 2