CSS margin bottom on single line post issue for wordpress
Posted: 20 July 2010 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-07-20

I am looking for help with my company blog the glenn group blog. I purchased this theme from Theme Forrest that works great, but I am making a lot of custom edits and ran into an issue with the CSS. I am having trouble figuring out a way to give the correct margin bottom spacing on the post title that will work on both single line posts and double line posts. If you visit the site you can clearly see that the CSS was setup to work great with a double line post, but not with a single line post. Here is my HTML for this post title section:

<li class=“post-2049 post hentry category-content”>

<div class=“title”>

<h2 id=“post-2049”>Last year we went digital. This year we went analog.</h2>
</div>     

<div class=“comments_tally”>No Comments</div>

<div class=“entryClear”></div>

<div class=“entry”>In 2009 we won a National Addy for a Web/Social campaign. This year we recently won a National Addy for a good[old-fashioned] print ad for Tahoe Stand Up Paddleboards. Yep, we still do those, too. Read More

And here are my styles for this post title section:

#content .content_wrap .entries ul li, #content .content_wrap .full-entry
{
clear:both;
margin-bottom:20px;
}

.title
{
font-weight:normal !important;
width:460px;
}

.comments_tally
{
background:url(“library/img/blog/comments_bg.jpg”) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
color:white;
float:right;
font-weight:bold;
height:30px;
line-height:22px;
margin-left:1em;
margin-top:6px;
text-align:center;
width:112px;
}

.entryClear
{
height:1em;
}

#content .content_wrap .entries ul li .entry, #content .content_wrap .full-entry .page
{
font-size:12px;
height:auto;
padding-bottom:20px;
padding-top:10px;
}

I figure that throwing in the would work since it would push down depending on how much content I have there, but of course it does not work. I’m sure this is an easy fix, but I haven’t been able to figure it out. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.