IE6 Nested Rounded Rectangle Issue
Posted: 05 August 2008 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-08-05

Hey guys,  I’ve utilized the technique for a liquid (scalable) rounded rectangle found on this site. I needed the rectangle to grow as content would grow (in other words, I didn’t want to have to designate a height for the rectangle).

This technique works in all the browsers I’m testing in, including Firefox, Opera, IE7/IE6, and Safari.

Where the problem occurs is when I try to nest the same exact rounded rectangle (with different id’s/classes) within the same rounded rectangle.

Everything works fine in Firefox, Opera, Safari, and IE7. But in IE6 the rounded rectangle NESTED inside the other rounded rectangle breaks. The outer rectangle holds fine, it’s the inner rectangle that breaks.

I’m wondering if there’s a simple fix/solution for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Whether it be a few changes to the code I already have, OR if you have a technique for a rounded rectangle that would work with a nested rounded rectangle, please let me know.

I uploaded an example HERE. Keep in mind this is not what it’s going to look like but it’s exactly what I’m trying to accomplish.

Thanks!

-Jarod