Can’t get footer below tabbed page
Posted: 26 February 2010 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-02-11

I am trying to set up a web page with tabs that bring up different “pages”. The problem I am having is with the footer. The “pages” associated with each tab are different lengths, and I want the footer to move up and down as the pages get shorter and longer. The tabs and associated pages are all divs, and I am locating the divs using position:abosolute. I could locate them using position:relative, and then the footer drops down where it belongs, but then if I change something on a page I will have to adjust the location of all the pages (divs) that come after that. But with position:absolute I can’t get the footer down underneath the tabbed pages.

Any ideas - at this point even a different approach would be welcome!

Here is the page

thanks!
Anne

Posted: 28 April 2010 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2010-04-23

The issue is most likely the height of the div, try using auto. An alternative approach would be to use a table.

Posted: 28 April 2010 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-02-11

Sorry, I have solved this problem - I thought I needed to use position absolute in order to assure that the tabs and the pages stayed together, but it turns out that this was not necessary. When I got rid of the position absolute stuff this problem went away.

thanks
Anne

Posted: 07 June 2010 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-06-07

That’s a nice looking site, really dig. I always try to avoid position absolute personally, because its so unstable with different browser types. You can also use browser shots to see how your site will look in different operating systems and browsers - really nice tool to make sure that you get the exact look that you want under every possible scenario.
potbelly pig

Posted: 18 January 2011 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-23

You could use jQuery. It has a very elegant tab interface that works as you want.

Posted: 18 January 2011 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2010-10-06

If a header or footer is printed, the top or bottom margins may be set accordingly, leaving enough space for the header and/or footer.

Posted: 19 January 2011 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2011-01-06

By including some special tags in the HTML file, HTML files may be printed as headers or footers.

Posted: 21 January 2011 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2011-01-17

If the footer does include the Privacy and About Application page links, then these links are persistent throughout all the page footers of the entire application.

Posted: 24 January 2011 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2011-01-17

The Absolute option will release the footer box from any automatic positioning.

Posted: 31 January 2011 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2010-10-13

The Footer tab contains the tools for editing the footer text that you input while in the Content window.

Posted: 02 February 2011 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-02

he footer is positioned so that it’s top is directly below the print job text, between the page edge and the value specified as Print Margin Bottom.  In this case, excessive text will flow off the bottom of the page. Because footer links are used to visually close the page, when a user has accessibility mode set to use a screen reader, the page footer links (the tabs in the tab bar plus the global button navigation links) will be removed.

Posted: 04 February 2011 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-04

The tabs and associated pages are all divs, and I am locating the divs using position:abosolute. I could locate them using position:relative. This is true regardless of the amount of text.  Thus if there is too much text, the early text will disappear off the top of the page.

Posted: 22 February 2011 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-02-22

I would just use tables for this and maybe a little CSS, but I don’t understand why you are having trouble with the footer. That shouldn’t be affected at all.
google redirect virus removal

Posted: 08 March 2011 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-23

It looks like you solved your issue. You’re doing a re-post when clicking on a tab. You might want to look into using jQuery to avoid the post back.

Posted: 11 March 2011 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-03-08

Why is this post still open when the guy has solved the problem??? I wonder if there are any moderator or admin of this forum or not??