New design approach
Posted: 23 February 2010 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2008-09-05

Ok, i come up with a new design approach for this new subdomain that i hope is more contemporary. I don’t really like it, but others seem to favor it over the original design. I miss the original design… What do you guys think?

http://lawfirm.ionisis.com/

I am, notoriously, NOT a designer. Period. So i cannot understand what the competition is doing right, that i am doing wrong. I spent a day examining their sites, and i noticed that they had some common traits:

*) Almost NO text on the page! A paragraph, maybe two, 4 short paragraphs at the most.
*) A LOT of images! I hate images, and feel that they clutter up the real content….
*) “ORDER NOW!”, All over the page. That seems like you are harassing the visitor, to me…..

As you can tell, i’m obviously not much for marketing either. So i am trying a new combination of page elements:
*) A SINGLE image (not a whole bunch of them), that attempts to quickly convey what the site is for, and what to do next
*) A reasonable amount of text, to explain the same
*) Some sample images (probably not the best idea, the way i’m doing it, though…)

So, i’m gathering feedback on this approach, and i’m running it for a couple of weeks to see where it gets me…

I just KNOW that there is a magic combination of on page elements that will catch and keep the user’s interest and confidence. I just wish i could figure out what the heck that combination is! Until then, it’s trial and error.

Thanx!