1 of 2
Textarea background image problem
Posted: 22 February 2010 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-02-22

The following code displays a textarea with an image in the bottom-right corner. However, it doesn’t stay put when the user begins scrolling up and down the field.

<textarea cols="75" rows="7" style="width: 95%; height: 100px;" name="message" tabindex="1" style="background: url(image.png) no-repeat;background-position:right bottom;"></textarea

So after searching the web for a solution, I added a “background-attachment:fixed” property, as shown here:

<textarea cols="75" rows="7" style="width: 95%; height: 100px;" name="message" tabindex="1" style="background: url(image.png) no-repeat;background-position:right bottom;background-attachment:fixed;"></textarea

But now the image doesn’t display at all!

Anyone know where I’m going wrong? Apart from using Internet Explorer 7 of course… (I haven’t been able to test in other browsers yet.) Any advice appreciated.

Posted: 26 April 2010 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2010-04-23

I don’t think you will be able to get this to work correctly on all of the browsers. You should consider a different way approaching this. You also have two style attributes for the textarea. You should merge then into one.

Posted: 10 June 2010 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-08

The textarea is a wonderful feature that is being seen on a lot of website nowadays and more convenient to put on advertisement and the website miscellaneous. But it got to work properly. The thing which scrolls down when a net browser used to browse a website also depends on the website that is being used by the net browser. But nowadays most of the popular website browsers do allow this feature and supports more features apart from this too.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Business Process Automation

Posted: 28 June 2010 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-06-28

I am too having similar problems and since I have no one around to help me I either search on the web (and yeah, I know that there is too much information on the web and it’s hard to sort it out..) or somewhere for a solution or move on to a different idea (by the way, I am usually using the firefox browser but sometimes I get the chance to surf with Internet Explorer). I wish I could help you but I am a newbie myself at this matter, so all I can do is wish you good luck.

Posted: 21 July 2010 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-07-21

The thing which scrolls down when a net browser used to browse a website also depends on the website that is being used by the net browser. But nowadays most of the popular website browsers do allow this feature and supports more features apart from this too. SEO Company

Posted: 27 July 2010 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-01-29

I don’t think so that you can add style to text area..
You can make the same image as a fixed one in the Body Background property.

web design chennai

Posted: 04 August 2010 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-08-04

Strange, it work well for me.

Posted: 09 September 2010 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-09-09

Thanks for information, I liked a lot reading this article and comments.
—————————————————————————
eurosportbet

Posted: 21 September 2010 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-21

Don’t put a background on a text area. There must be a different way to do this, though I am not sure quite how.

PBX phone system SEO Zeus

Posted: 21 September 2010 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2010-03-23

Hi PW James,
I would not use an inline style on your text area. Try to use an embedded css style sheet instead.
For example:
<style type=“text/css”>
.message { background-image: url(image);}
</style>

Then add class=“message” on the tag (ie. paragraph tag) where you wanted it to be. You would also need the width, height, and other stuff.

If you still have any question, you may contact me. Good luck!

Posted: 22 September 2010 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-22

Completely understand what your stance in this matter. Although I would disagree on some of the finer details, I think you did an awesome job explaining it. Sure beats having to research it on my own. Thanks. Anyway, in my language, there are not much good source like this.
viec lam nhanh

Posted: 04 November 2010 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-04-26

the code work fine! [test by me]

-==........Joe Love Google..........==-

Posted: 07 November 2010 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-07

@Joestatic - its not working me. Can you kindly tell where you check or test it? anyone can test it. iphone 4 cases

Posted: 08 November 2010 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-08

yea, Although I would disagree on some of the finer details, I think you did an awesome job explaining it. Sure beats having to research it on my own. Thanks. Anyway, in my language, there are not much good source like this. thanks!
ar condicionado automotivo

Posted: 09 November 2010 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-09-28

I think Miguel has the right answer. Run your code through a debugger until you find the error however, now that I think about it the error will be the additional code that you added in.

Back to Google I’m afraid old chap!

iPhone Cases | iPad Cases

Posted: 23 November 2010 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-23

For the above issue, I’d like to search for google..Aroud us, few people know how resolve even simple questions!

1 of 2

‹‹ two columns      Align an image query ››