Help! Can anyone save my layout from I.E.?
Posted: 05 November 2007 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-11-05

Hi,
I’ve got 90% of my design working on all browsers, but I’m having some problems getting the last 10% working on Internet Explorer (I’m currently testing version 6).

Please have a look at the site here. The problems that remain are:

The banner at the top should go across the whole width of the page, and slightly underneath the bottom of the XF logo. On IE6, it’s too far down and stops at the right of the logo.

In the list of links on the left, the flash which highlights the currently displayed page, is not shown on IE6.

Can anyone help me out with these two, please? The HTML is exactly the same in all cases, but I use conditional comments so that IE picks up a different stylesheet to other browsers. The only difference at the moment is that png images are handled differently, but I can also use that mechanism to force different layout code if necessary.

Cheers,
Andrew

Posted: 09 January 2008 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-04

hello andrew.
i have a couple of comments for you…
1. have you tried playing w/ the margins for the scripture union symbol simbol?
3. for FX, the web developer toolbar is wonderfull (dont know weather the common man uses it or not…)
4. the banner and other images look very nice were they are and moving them seems… ‘special’...
srry i had no other way to say that…

Posted: 09 January 2008 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-05
yabberyabber - 09 January 2008 01:25 AM

4. the banner and other images look very nice were they are and moving them seems… ‘special’...
srry i had no other way to say that…

Thanks, I’m glad you like the layout. I did eventually manage to fix it around the start of December, so what you’re looking at is how it is intended.