Vectoring an existing jpg logo
Posted: 25 October 2007 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-10-25

Hi Everyone, I’m new to the forums.  I do marketing and web design for a company.  I’ve run into a slight problem today and I was wondering if anyone had some quick easy fixes for this..

I’ve done magazine pages before, but this one particular company only wanted me to send them the artwork. So, I sent them very nice high resolution stuff, including the logo.  First request, they wanted all .PDF.  No problem.  The first issue was already printed, and when I saw it.. Everything looked excellent, except for the logo. that looked disgusting and pixelated.  We’ve had this thing printed on billboards, postcards, ect with no problem at all.

Now I am being told in order to fix it, they need it as an illustrator file, which I do not have of this logo.  I just started a few months ago and all they have is a nice J.PG of it. I’ve taken text into illustrator to outline and be reformed as needed with no problem, but a pre-made logo is being a pain. 

Over all question: What is the easiest way to convert the logo ( if possible) so I can send it to them in vector and it still be dead on accurate? I don’t know if trace paths will work, or if I’ll have to draw the whole thing freehand ( which I want to avoid if I can)  They offered to have someone from their art department do it for a price.. but being a web/graphic person.. that seems silly to me, I rather do it myself because it doesn’t seem like it should be that hard to do.

I’d appreciate any help I could get on this, I want to send the remade logo back to them ASAP. the knowledge on how to do it would be very useful. :)

Posted: 25 November 2007 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2007-08-26

The best way is just higher a professional designer to spend 2 or 3 hours rebuilding.  There is no easy way to convert it while maintaining the quality. This is something one of my designers has done numerous times.  But I’m all about corporate branding.  Cheers.

Posted: 17 January 2008 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2008-01-11

post a sample of the logo. It all depends on how detailed it is and if it would be worth your time to trace it out.

Posted: 20 January 2008 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-01-20

You could try this: http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/.