Please review my website! - DotMySpot.com
Posted: 11 February 2007 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-02-11

Hi, I just established this site 2 months ago..

DotMySpot.com The Online Business Revolution targeting in making money online. Get the latest news in how to make money online, business opportunities, games review, technology and the latest gadgets review, even FREEbies in DotMySpot.com.

I did the designs myself. Let me know what you think!

DotMySpot.com
http://dotmyspot.com/home

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!

Posted: 12 February 2007 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-12-11

Viewing your site in IE6 on WinXP…

Content in your side panels/sidebars are nicely formatted and easy to read. However, content in your center panel or main content area presents itself as a bit of a mish-mash. Your first two entries look all jammed together and it’s hard to tell one entry from another. Once you get into earlier entries they are more consistent in the layout and so a little easier to tell apart.  May I suggest using top/bottom borders or some form of divider?  Particularly your Blog Your Blog entries are very hard to read.

Inserting your Google Ads in the middle of a content post is disruptive, and perhaps overkill because you’ve also got plenty of ads in your side panels as well…. but who am I to say? I’m just looking at it from the perspective of readability (it’s a blog, right? you want folks to be able to read your content and gain some value from it? otherwise they won’t link to it and you won’t improve your rankings).

Choosing from News Category links in the left panel result in an easy-to-read listing in the center panel, very good.

Also, any of the pages I looked at failed validation… take another look at your code. :-)

Cheers!

Posted: 17 April 2007 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-02-13

Hi, your site is easy to read. The thing that bothers me the most is the top of the page. There is too much empty space, the logo is too big and then again we see your logo in that big orange banner and again bellow. You are loosing valuable space. Who needs to see the logo 3 times? The site will look perfect if you get rid of the gray and orange at the top :)