jruck.com - new and unique site, requesting feedback
Posted: 02 November 2006 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-11-02

jruck.com aims to provide basic information to people not too familiar with computing. This is the first time the URL has been publicaly advertised.

I’m looking for errors, comments, suggestions, criticism, user friendlyness, etc..

ALL comments welcome. Thank you for your time.

http://www.jruck.com

I used the -code- -/code- to prevent an actual a href from being formed. Not looking for PR or anything like that.

Posted: 02 November 2006 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-10-22

dman i’m the only one in here lol

anyway, the site is build very good, easy to find evrything, but i didn’t really like the design. looks too simple i think..

Posted: 11 December 2006 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-12-11

I did come across a few broken links…
1) your “inquire here” links on your Tech Deals page that should take users to the Contact page yields a “error occurred while processing request” message. Although following the link from your tab menu works.
2) your Register and Login links positioned in upper right of screen

And… I’m sorry to say but you proudly(?) include external links to W3C validators, but your pages fail with errors in both HTML and CSS.

Otherwise, your site supports the concept of your tagline (“technology, made simple”). I commend you for resisting the urge to overcomplicate the interface. Simple color scheme, easy to navigate and see your content.

Not to nitpick, (but I guess I will *grin*)... You use an external style sheet and CSS, but you’ve chosen to add several spaces ( ) before your headings… why not just use CSS for positioning and set either the left margin or padding to what you want? This way when users are looking at your site with a smaller width screen, your longer titles do not wrap to the left margin (unless that is what you were hoping for?) And you’re using DIVs to put alignment on paragraphs with classes already applied, why?

Good efforts, keep at it.  You _were_ looking for feedback right? :-)

Posted: 20 April 2007 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-02-13

This color scheme is not my favorite. Sorry.