nooobie needs help
Posted: 16 October 2009 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-10-16

I have been working on a website using PHP and MySQL and although I have knowledge in both these fields, my knowledge is quite limited and I have come across a problem I need help with.
I am creating a videos page and I would like the videos to be displayed (using PHP) in a format similar to what is found here:

hiphopdx.com/index/videos?nav

I would like the videos to display the date headline (the date being when the videos were posted) then the thumbnails of the videos to be displayed in 4 columns. I already have the videos page set up with the pagination, mysql connection and video details. I am currently displaying the videos in a single column as I dont know how to display PHP results in multiple columns.

So basically I am looking for the videos page to display the results like this (example):

Thursday, August 27, 2009
Video 1 | Video 2 | Video 3 | Video 4
Video 5 | Video 6 | Video 7 | Video 8

many thanks

Posted: 29 April 2010 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2010-04-23

It looks like you want to use a table with the first row having one cell with a colspan=4 and each video in a single cell.

Posted: 10 September 2010 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2010-06-17
miguel - 29 April 2010 03:38 PM

It looks like you want to use a table with the first row having one cell with a colspan=4 and each video in a single cell.

This is a CSS forum - he doesn’t want to build it using tables (or if he does - he shouldn’t :)

Personally I find it easier to build such things from scratch but here’s a link to a grid generator that you might find helpful.  It uses CSS to generate the grid so you can remain table-less. :) - http://www.webdesignbooth.com/15-extremely-useful-css-grid-layout-generator-for-web-designers/

I wish you luck.  You’re also welcome to reference an internet fax review site I build with a CSS grid on the homepage.  Take a peek at the style sheet and the code on the page and you’ll get an idea as to how it’s done. :)

Good luck !

Dave Davies, CEO
Beanstalk SEO

Posted: 18 November 2010 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2010-10-06

Make 4 divs, and arrange them as floating. It’s as easy as that.

Posted: 20 November 2010 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2010-10-13

Make a table with 4 columns and 2 rows. Put a background image to each table cells. That’s all.