DonRayArt.com Redesign
Posted: 07 May 2006 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-05-07

Hi everyone, I just launched the redesign of http://www.donrayart.com. I had to get it out quickly so there are still some text resizing issues and it is missing some meta data. What do you all think?

Posted: 24 July 2006 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2006-07-20

the design idia was nice , but i think its not finished yet ?

and the fonts that you use hmm, try maybe arial ? not verdana ))

Lel

Posted: 24 April 2007 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-02-13

Hi, I really like your site and your paintings. The top menu is too big but I like your logo and the overall feel. You really have a talent as an artist.

Posted: 24 April 2007 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2007-04-13
gonzo13 - 24 April 2007 01:49 PM

Hi, I really like your site and your paintings. The top menu is too big but I like your logo and the overall feel. You really have a talent as an artist.

I agree, also seems a bit “squished” (but looks lovely at 800*600 -optimized for that resolution? :) )
Overall, quite nice, if a wee bit plain (still, the minimalist look is in!)

The watermarking on the View Print option (when you click on the print to buy it) was absolutely horrible and a turn off - it made the print look as if some lunatic defaced it with a paint can! (maybe a subtler watermark?) or even just use the same thumbnail? which was quite large as a thumbnail anyway!

Summary: The site was fast, clean if a little bland.

Feel like buying factor: Not really.
The ugly (and really unnecessary watermark was a bit jarring and a turn off) also, there was an almost ‘antiseptic’ quality of the whole site.. The pictures didnt really ‘come to life’

As a makeover, I would have more pictures of the beach, a boating fishing trip, people laughing, joy, setting the “Stage” for each print. Now, as I look at it again, they all seem to have a generic grouping akin to the picture bin at a local Walmart.

The pictures deserve better, a few captions maybe?

Maybe even some customer testimonials?:
“What drew you to this print?”

“Well, I never sailed before, but I got salesman of the year and that was my prize! :D -
Green as I was, I managed to snag this beautiful Marlin - it got away of course, but not this print!
Here it is in my den…I like think that it is MY fish up there…. BTW, my wallet fell overboard during the struggle. perhaps he has MY picture somewhere :)

..corny perhaps, but you get the point!

as a site 6/10 .. as a store that would entice me to buy 4/10

Posted: 01 June 2007 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-02-13

Too bad, I just wanted to say more about the site but the domain is redirecting to some generic advertising web site….I have those domain snatchers.