Separate CSS files!
Posted: 01 December 2009 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2009-11-22

Hi,

Will it be better to use a separate css file while developing a new site?

As i am a new simple html site and i have included all the CSS content on each file and it is working fine.

So why to make a new separate CSS file?

Posted: 04 December 2009 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-12-04
plg007 - 01 December 2009 03:19 PM

Hi,

As i am a new simple html site and i have included all the CSS content on each file and it is working fine.

Putting all the CSS in a single separate file gives you one place to update your style information. Keeping style information in each individual HTML page is going to be lots of work if the site gets more than a half dozen pages or so.

Earl

Posted: 11 May 2010 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-04-18
plg007 - 01 December 2009 03:19 PM

Hi,

With a separate CSS file, the pages of your site will load faster as each page will have much less code. And now with Google, faster loading web pages will achieve higher rankings, all other things being equal.

Posted: 16 May 2010 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-05-16

A separate CSS file is definitely a good idea.  Among other things this makes it easy to maintain your site over time.  Any time you need to change the look of the site you just have one file.  When I first started out (a long time ago) I would put CSS in the pages and then it is a pain to go back and update things.

Posted: 10 June 2010 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-05-09

Seperate css file is definately the approach to utilize, and why is that?  thanks for asking.  As others mentioned, if your site grows to just a few pages it’s okay but as you continue to add more pages and the sites grows bigger it will turn into a nightmare.  The idea of keep it simple comes to mind and is a prudent idea at this point.
Next, is the load time.  Although Google first said page load time could become a factor.  After being quized repeatedly on the subject they resend the statment.  With that said, you should keep load speed in mind.  thanks,

Acai Slim Weight Loss
lose weight fast
loose weight

Posted: 06 July 2010 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2010-06-17

A separate CSS file is definitely a good idea.  Among other things this makes it easy to maintain your site over time.  Any time you need to change the look of the site you just have one file.  When I first started out (a long time ago) I would put CSS in the pages and then it is a pain to go back and update things.

Posted: 21 December 2010 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-12-21

it’s always best to have a seperate css file,doesn’t matter if u r building a small site or a big one.

Posted: 04 February 2011 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-02-04

I also agree that a separate CSS file is definitely a good idea, it makes it much easier to keep any site over time, when you need to customize, change, adjust, so ... you have a. I work so, here are some of my work, hugs!
ar condicionado / acompanhantes / flores / ar condicionado carro / lingerie

Posted: 09 March 2011 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2010-04-23

Definitely using a separate CSS file is the best approach to use.

Posted: 23 November 2011 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2010-05-17

The main reason behind using a separate file is that the styles are applied to many pages, you can just link the pages that you want to add the style by using <link> tag. And with the separate file you can change the entire look of webpage by modifying the separate file.