Help NEEDED. My site has a white space on the right hand side.
Posted: 03 December 2010 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-12-03

Hi there, My name is Chris, it’s nice to see a strong support community happening here!
I’m a newbie to the CSS game.
The template I have made is for fun and a friend, its given me the best opportunity to learn CSS and other things all at the same time.
My stylesheets are VERY messy, but i plan to clean them up before i give it to my friend. I read an article earlier about this kind of problem on this site, very interesting, wish i had found it sooner, but hay I’ve learnt so much through doing this. This possibly is part of the problem (messy style-sheets) i’m about to show.
If you follow the link:
My Dev Site
You will see that if you scroll across the X axis there is a blank white space, this has caused me major problems, and for the time being i fixed it with the following:
(iphone safari can’t seem to read this so the blank white space appears on the left anyway, annoying!)
Which does work really well, considering this problem is a pain in the ass.
However the point is I’m trying to learn and I’m looking for someone to trundle through my code and see if they can find the root of my problem, and assist me in correcting it.
There are some images missing but i didnt include them just so it would load quicker for you guys!
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks
Chris

Posted: 07 December 2010 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-12-07

Have you fixed this problem now? I went to your site using the link in your post and it’s gone!!

Posted: 07 December 2010 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-12-03

Yeah Thanks for trying though

Posted: 09 December 2010 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-09

If you don’t mind, how did you fix it?

———————————
Phone Power Review

Posted: 09 December 2010 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-12-09

It would be great if you can share the fix with us.  I always run into problems like this.  One thing or the other doesn’t display well on my site.

Posted: 09 December 2010 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-09

Is that happen on specific browser?

Posted: 09 December 2010 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-12-09

Please share the exact method you used to fix this problem with the rest of us so we can all profit :)

Posted: 10 December 2010 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-12-10

Thanks for your share.