1 of 2
Need a Shopping Cart
Posted: 10 March 2010 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-03-10

Hello,
I have been looking for a free shopping cart solution to use in replacement of my bands current free site that we’ve had with Angelfire for years.  We chose to go the free route with Angelfire b/c with the content that we have we don’t feel that we will lose many visitors to clicking on the ads throughout our website.  If we do the visitor will usually come back since they went there directly.  Excuse me for not knowing much about what the guy who will be working on our website is looking for but he is looking for something where he will be able to edit the HTML or CSS of the site.  We don’t want to code a site from the ground up so we are looking for something that is a DIY type solution. 

I found this company( Webplus Shop ) today and was wondering if any of you have heard of them.  They offer a free option (no monthly hosting fee) which is ad supported that seems to be a great fit for what we are looking for.  I called and spoke to someone there today but since I am not much for technical terminology I need to get my web guy to call them back to discuss some things.  They did however tell me that we will have the ability to modify all of the “layout files” within our Webplus Shop website and they showed me where they are located within their control panel.  Have any of you heard of them?  If not do you know of any other solutions that may be similar to this?

You can take a look at our existing website by going here PBRband.net

Thank you in advance.

Posted: 11 March 2010 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-10

Thank you for the info…I reviewed xcart but I dont see that they offer a free option.  The cheapest is $44.95/mth if I pay for a year in advance.  The only plan that offers support of any kind is $135/month if paid 12 months in advance.

Posted: 24 April 2010 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2010-04-23

I haven’t used the technology that you mentioned but I have used ad supported carts before and do not plan on using them again. The problems that I had we’re that they displayed ads that were not appropriate for my content and some used Google ad which caused more than three ads to be displayed on my pages which in violation of the TOS.

Posted: 25 April 2010 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-04-25

I’m using Open Source Script - Magento: http://www.magentocommerce.com/
Very good script.

Posted: 25 April 2010 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-04-25

I am recommending Magento and oscommerce based e-commerce solutions such as zencart and oscommerce. I have online toy store based on Magento and I am very happy with it.

Posted: 26 April 2010 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-04-26

I found this company( Webplus Shop ) today and was wondering if any of you have heard of them.  They offer a free option (no monthly hosting fee) which is ad supported that seems to be a great fit for what we are looking for.  I called and spoke to someone there today but since I am not much for technical terminology I need to get my web guy to call them back to discuss some things.  They did however tell me that we will have the ability to modify all of the “layout files” within our Webplus Shop website and they showed me where they are located within their control panel.  Have any of you heard of them?  If not do you know of any other solutions that may be similar to this?

Best Dating Services
diversity job

Posted: 09 May 2010 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-09

I am attempting to use WP Ecommerce, but it doesn’t let me assign prices to my Variations… I am unsure if this is the shopping cart solution for me.If this helps, I often use Shopp when I set up ecommerce sites for people. It works great, is nice and stable, and I believe will fit exactly what you need. It costs $55, and unfortunately there isn’t a trial version, but I think it is worth every penny.

Jeep Wagoneer Parts

Posted: 14 June 2010 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-04-20

thanks for your info

Posted: 19 June 2010 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-19

well , which is best ?

Posted: 18 September 2010 12:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-09-18

lol I remember the good ‘ol days of Angelfire… WOW that was long ago!

Posted: 30 September 2010 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-30

Zeuscart is the Free GPL open source shopping cart software.
http://www.zeuscart.com

Posted: 05 October 2010 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-15

I recommend Magento, it’s the best. Great script

Auto Warranty
Extended Warranty

Posted: 09 October 2010 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-10-09

i used magento & oscommerce both for my site, we have done many of sites & projects thats why i m telling u
to see our portfolio click here
http://revolutionary-technologies.com/new/portfolio.php
for more details click here
http://revolutionary-technologies.com/blog

Posted: 12 October 2010 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-08-02

do u have to have a secure hosting to use these shopping carts or do they function on any..i know creload need secure but hostgator business hosting is around $15 a month but i could get a cheaper hosting if u these carts dont need to run on https..thanks
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
pastry chef jobs | polar f11

Posted: 24 October 2010 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-10-24

I use PrestaShop, its free and very professional.

Posted: 26 October 2010 02:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-26

Really great information guys, keep up the good work and im looking forward to hearing more :D

Acai Berry Select

1 of 2