1 of 3
Tips to make an SEO friendly shopping cart
Posted: 12 February 2010 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-02-12

Search engine traffic is one of the most important factors that decide the success of an online shopping cart.  Hence the shopping cart design that you choose must be SEO friendly.  This will help in producing the best results, inviting the targeted customers to visit your website and use the shopping cart.
A SEO friendly shopping cart doesn’t mean the features visible to you and your customers. It also means the features that the spiders and crawlers of the search engines look for.
Here are a few tips to develop an SEO friendly shopping cart.

•  Most of the web pages and shopping cart pages have meta titles, descriptions and keyword tags.  But certain web developers advice to include tags like anchor title tags, for texts and images. 

Use of alt tags also increases the search engine traffic.  Most of the search engine spiders, bots and crawlers look for alt tags. 

A shopping cart design made without the optimization of these tags won’t produce the needed results.
•    Your shopping cart should be compatible in text based browser too.  You should also view the cart after disabling the Javascript. 

Taking all these factors in to account will increase the performance of your shopping cart whereas ruling out these factors will decrease about 10-15% of your total potential revenue. 

•  People with disabilities may use sound browsers. The cart that you create should be compatible to such browsers. 
•  Avoid error pages like “Page Not Found”, “Fatal Error on….” etc, which are usually shown when your online store is down. It can also be seen when an unexpected result comes out of a database query. 

Most of the users won’t be prepared for such messages. Hence these messages will give them an unprofessional feeling.

•  Most of the shopping cart users are worried about the authenticity of the websites. Adding the necessary logos, like PayPal logo, gives a feeling of security to the users.

To find out more tips you can conduct a web search using the keyword shopping cart design brisbane, as Brisbane designing companies are considered to be the best in the world.

Posted: 13 February 2010 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-02-13

shopping carts are important features of anyone doing selling on the site. it would be good if it is optimized for a certain keyword but normally this is left with the other pages of the site.

Posted: 20 February 2010 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2009-12-28
cedenowebworks - 13 February 2010 02:25 AM

shopping carts are important features of anyone doing selling on the site. it would be good if it is optimized for a certain keyword but normally this is left with the other pages of the site.

And, which your recommended shopping cart software? I would prefer Magento because of its SEO friendly features. SEO friendly coding help your custom Magento website to gain high rankings in Search Engines like Google, Yahoo, etc. It gives you Auto generated Google Sitemap, Meta for your products and category pages and much more…

————————————————
Creative Ecommerce Website Design Co.

Posted: 14 March 2010 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-14

I don’t know about Magento, but OsCommerce with the VN2 seo pack has worked well on a couple of my sites. I shall check Magneto for my next one. Cheers for the ‘heads up’.
Ta-Ta
Tim

Posted: 15 March 2010 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-15

Not sure about the ethos of your post but in any event, just so there’e no misunderstanding:

“Search engine traffic is one of the most important factors that decide the success of an online.”

Not really, traffic is useful but just traffic. A website that concentrates on converting visitors to customers is what’s needed, with search engine considerations second in the queue.

“A SEO friendly shopping cart doesn’t mean the features visible to you and your customers.”

That kind of misses the whole point. Apart from conversion needs mentioned above, SEO is all about what is visible to customers. Apart from indirect value, such as good quality content drawing good quality links which help with search, modern search engines are primarily interested in content.

All the mentions of tags etc. have minor merit in some cases but major search engines don’t even look at keyword tags, or several types of title tag, or most meta tags and only use description tags for snippets, not ranking.

The greatest technical enemy of shopping carts is poor configuration. Making crawling or understanding the site hard for search engines and visitors, or creating content duplication under different URLs. A far larger problem however is content, they are often no more than online brochures and even then filed with product descriptions that can be found on many other sites.

Build a unique and captivating site instead, make sure the web knows about this and keep building, keep enthralling. Search engines will soon be running up the road, desperate to include the popular and valuable to fulfil their business model. If you put up the same old same, you can spend your life filling tags all over the place, won’t help.

Posted: 18 March 2010 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-18

Thanks for the tips in regarding the shopping cart….

luggage scales

Posted: 06 April 2010 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-04-06

nice post!it’s really very useful !thanks !

Posted: 16 June 2010 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-06-16

Very useful information here, thanks for posting it.

Posted: 14 July 2010 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-14

* Keep things as simple for a search engine to understand as possible, especially in the URL.
  * Keep as much extraneous information as possible out of the URL, writing the extra bits into a cookie if you absolutely need them    
  * Keep URL’s short as possible by including only the keywords that are absolutely necessary.
  * Give them the clues they are looking for about what information to attribute to the products through internal anchor text and links.
  * Keep product titles and descriptions as unique as possible.
  * Rewrite or add content if you need to make it unique.
  * Only include department category pages if there is some editorial value.
  * Use an HTML and XML sitemap to increase crawlability.

reputation management

Posted: 15 July 2010 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-07-15

Hi..
Nice tips..If we following these tips that will take our business to the next level..Thanks for sharing this informative post..
facebook backgrounds

Posted: 20 July 2010 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-07-08

I’ve utilized a few carts now.  I like Magento’s feature list but it’s slow, clunky and terrible to work with.
Free cart:  Virtuemart has yielded some nice results and there’s a large userbase to refer to when issues arise.
Premium:  MIVA merchant is fairly decent although when I used it last year, the design was primarily table based…. you can completely customize that fairly easily though, it’s just a bit time consuming.

=========================
tampa web design - diabetes log

Posted: 20 July 2010 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2010-06-17

Ease of implementing an automated shopping feed would be good too.

Dave Davies
Beanstalk SEO

Posted: 29 July 2010 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2010-05-17

Nice Post , Very Useful Work.
I am New to this, But this Provides me a lot of Knowledge, Great Work !

Posted: 31 July 2010 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-31

Nice Post , Very Useful Work.

Posted: 02 August 2010 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2010-05-17

it is very informative & interesting

Web Design Company

Posted: 04 August 2010 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-15

I dont think you need shopping cart to SEO friendly. Your home page or product page should be SEO friendly. Shopping cart pages should not index in search engines.

1 of 3