2 of 3
Blogs for business websites?
Posted: 26 March 2010 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-02-16

I think that’s a grand idea. Blogs are going to be a great addition to your site. Plus it will add quality content which will greatly improve SEO ranking and site traffic.

Amy Cameron
BuildMySiteforFree.com

Posted: 31 March 2010 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-03-31
Tanya - 08 June 2008 11:39 AM

Good or bad idea?
We have a business website, we’re wondering if a business blog about the office happenings, new product updates and so on is a smart move or not, pros cons anyone?

It’s a very bad idea if you don’t have the time and resources to commit to a quality product.  Most people who start to develop blogs just to try to draw attention make their business look very unprofessional.  If you are going to do one, make certain that you have an outline/plan.  There have been many times I was considering buying a product or service, and then I saw the business blog and decided to look elsewhere.

Las Vegas SEO, Design & Architecture - Las Vegas Area SEO Friendly Directory

Posted: 28 September 2010 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-09-28

I need to start making some money and I’m out of a job. I have been to art school and know how to work my way around Photoshop and I also have some pretty good design/HTML skills. So I figure, maybe it’s time to start putting those thousands of dollars in tuition money to good use?

I need to find some free webspace until i can afford my own domain/website, but how do you charge people? (I’ll work really cheap since i’m trying to build a portfolio). Is there like a website that will process credit cards/cash transactions for me even though im hosted on a free website? (or even a blog, which maybe where i set up shop).

And what do I do exactly? Do I design 2-3 web pages and let the customer decide what they want or do I design something specifically for them? Do they pay me first and i work or after the jobs completed?

Can someone give me some advice please? I’d really like to get started and get my domain name and everything but i need a few jobs before i can even do that.

Oh, I have adobe Dreamweaver (I have no idea how to use it, but I do know basic HTML and I’m sure i can learn Dreamweaver in no time) Adobe Photoshop and Gimp. THANKS!by (charlie fey)
3d ds games

Posted: 30 September 2010 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-28
Priceless - 28 September 2010 08:03 AM

I need to start making some money and I’m out of a job. I have been to art school and know how to work my way around Photoshop and I also have some pretty good design/HTML skills. So I figure, maybe it’s time to start putting those thousands of dollars in tuition money to good use?

I need to find some free webspace until i can afford my own domain/website, but how do you charge people? (I’ll work really cheap since i’m trying to build a portfolio). Is there like a website that will process credit cards/cash transactions for me even though im hosted on a free website? (or even a blog, which maybe where i set up shop).

And what do I do exactly? Do I design 2-3 web pages and let the customer decide what they want or do I design something specifically for them? Do they pay me first and i work or after the jobs completed?

Can someone give me some advice please? I’d really like to get started and get my domain name and everything but i need a few jobs before i can even do that.

Oh, I have adobe Dreamweaver (I have no idea how to use it, but I do know basic HTML and I’m sure i can learn Dreamweaver in no time) Adobe Photoshop and Gimp. THANKS!by (charlie fey)

Hi Priceless,

In my opinion the best thing to do is to try to take advantage of the internet by working for your own as a freelancer. There are a number of websites (like freelancer com) that will give you an opportunity to gain some money by doing what you know best. If you manage to be social and good at your work you will eventually have a steady income. Its up to you!

I wish you the best,
Chris

Posted: 30 September 2010 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2010-09-20

Well, to my mind, your business website improvement is first move
that needs to be done, making the business blogs is also a good idea, if
you know how these blogs are supposed to be written

Have a look here:
http://www.websitetemplates.bz/website-templates-business-templates.html

Posted: 07 October 2010 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-10-07

hello

thanks for telling to us that very helpful post for all

thank you so much

regards !

Posted: 22 October 2010 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-10-22

Good idea~~~ :lol:
A good blog can give your website traffic!

Posted: 14 November 2010 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-11-14

Thanks,some great data here keep up the good work. I actually allow for a more creative comment as I’m a bit out of my depth but I will be checking back here for further updates.

Posted: 18 November 2010 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-11-18

Good idea if you can filter feedback

————————————————————

hair extensions

Posted: 27 November 2010 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-11-27

I’m often asked by entrepreneurs and business owners whether it is worth blogging, and if so, what they should blog about. On the first question, the answer is obvious to me — you must blog as an entrepreneur. I believe that blogging in your business is vital to creating a public personae and making your company more accessible. In an era where companies like 10 top rated online dating sites have differentiated themselves based on its quality content, it is important to be public and accessible.

So you know you need to blog, and you’re convinced you ought to write about something you’re passionate about and that speaks to your customers. How can you create something that people will want to come and read every day?

1. Be authentic
2. Be transparent
3. Get inside your readers’ minds
4. Solicit feedback
5. Don’t be offensive or take big public risks
6. Have fun

Happy blogging!

Posted: 18 December 2010 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-12-18

If you have a blog… you have more relevant content which is a great boost for a site and for customers looking for more specific information.

Definitely a go ahead with the blog, good luck!

Posted: 24 December 2010 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-24

Blog can be profitable if your niche is profitable. That means it has good product to sell. And the demand for the product is high. If your blog ranks high in search engines, you expect to generate a revenue stream.

Posted: 24 December 2010 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-12-24

I think blogs WITH (and not AS) business websites can be a good idea for a 2 reasons :
1. SEO and Traffic
2. Your image

Posted: 26 December 2010 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-20

How about this. A static site on Homepage and blog at xyz.com/blog

Cheap Webhosting Coupon|Dreamhost coupon 2011|Dreamhost coupon|iPhone 4 Factory Unlocked|Factory Unlocked iPhone 4

Posted: 30 December 2010 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-12-30

Blogs are always a plus when you install and maintain them with each of your websites - but of course, make sure to have some updates in regards to your company/business weekly.

The use of a help desk software from Kayako, for updates and most recent news will add a professional touch to decrease customer’s emails. A F.A.Q has always worked for me very well, try it. Does not have to be Kayako, but they’re the best in help desk in my strict opinion.

2 of 3