2 of 4
Starting A Web Design Business - How Do I Attract Customers?
Posted: 22 September 2009 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-09-05

Looks like the OP’s site is doing well since 2 years ago. Great work mate. I’m building up my portfolio and clients before I’ll market myself.

—————————————-
Funny Baby Pictures

Posted: 26 September 2009 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-09-26

Well, you could go around and advertise it on forums or other famous websites.

Regards,
Louie
prĂȘts travaux

Posted: 05 October 2009 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-05

I agree with louie09. You could advertise it in forums.

wetkri
Simulation prĂȘt

Posted: 05 November 2009 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-05

Find affiliates, link exchanges and advertise your site on famous sites as well.

Regards,
Carrey    
Placement financier

Posted: 06 November 2009 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-11-06

I think the most important part is your portfolio and how your website throws impact of your website design company towards your visitors. But website promotion is also so vital in pulling visitors to your site.

Posted: 11 December 2009 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-11

I too have a small and fairly new web design business and I would like any of you to look and give me some suggestions on how I can attract customers.  So far it’s been “word of mouth” only but I need to be doing this full time.  What type of title and meta tags should I be using if I do web design, graphic design, custom logos and banners?
Thank you for any help! :)
Cheryl’s Web & Graphic Design Studio

Posted: 21 December 2009 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-12-21

I too have launched a new web design business focusing on quality, customer service and affordability.

We have so far been getting clients via word of mouth but we want to accelerate that. We have done some really great work and so far all of our clients are very happy. We just need more of them.

Snapshot Media website

Posted: 15 March 2010 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-15

Same here. Although I have been designing for years as a freelancer, this is the first time I am starting up my own site to offer Web Design services.  Any advice on starting locally?  Has anyone done any cold calling?  How has it worked out for you?

Posted: 26 March 2010 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-26

Could someone please tell me the best way to promote my website? It’s Website Designers Peterborough.

Posted: 31 March 2010 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-03-31
jjj1 - 10 October 2008 03:43 PM

Moni - you mentioned getting your site listed high in Google as a means of getting business.

Can anyone tell me what volume of website design enquiries they get once they get their site in the first 1-3 results for a town?

We’ve recently moved business from Ipswich (where we had only just got to position 3 - 6 depending on the query) to Bury St Edmunds (where I need to do some more SEO work and get some relevant backlinks to improve rankings).

Will all my SEO efforts pay off or is there just too much competition out there? Does anyone have any views?

If you live in a major city, you’ll draw thousands of visitors from Google on a weekly basis once you reach the top five for key search terms.

Best Regards,

Jason
Las Vegas SEO, Design & Architecture - Las Vegas Area SEO Friendly Directory

Posted: 01 April 2010 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-01

Yes I have Read the abvoe information Which you provide about Web Desgning Business. It is Great and important for all who those have Web desgining Business.
thanks For Providing this information.

http://automatedforextrading-system.blogspot.com/2010/03/automated-forex-trading-system.html

Posted: 01 April 2010 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2010-04-01

After all you need to do SEO work to get visitors for your site. And make your site with unique content and graphic for attraction of browser.

Posted: 24 April 2010 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-04-08

To Attract Customers need to do SEO work, make your site attractive and build up your network in social networking site and promote there your sites add.

Posted: 04 May 2010 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-05-04

I’ve had some success approaching companies who have really bad sites. They are usually very receptive to someone offering to help.

Posted: 19 May 2010 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-18

I find that sharing my link with other sites works really good.  there are also a lot of freelance sites you can post your work on.  Granted a lot of outsourcing to other countries happens because of the low rates they offer however I find many people choose me based on my links i provide of past work and my proposal i give in a power point presentation and like that fact that i am in a time zone similar to theirs so they dont have to worry about never being able to talk to me on the phone rather than staying up until 4am to be able to skype someone in india.  If you promote yourself well on freelance sites and bid on jobs with a good proposal and example links rather than saying “hey i want the job hire me!”  I’m sure you’ll do great.

2 of 4