1 of 3
Blogs for business websites?
Posted: 08 June 2008 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-06-08

Good or bad idea?
We have a business website, we’re wondering if a business blog about the office happenings, new product updates and so on is a smart move or not, pros cons anyone?

Posted: 08 June 2008 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-05-15

It’s definitely not a bad thing, whatever way you look at it Tanya.
A blog means more traffic to your site, more updated content, rss feeds for your blog means potential of being exposed more. With a blog you can also target more keywords to rank for and get even more traffic, besides that its a nice personal touch for any site, even a business based site. Remember though, that a purely hardcore business site should not have one of those one on one personal blogs, more a general blog ‘about the main site’, your companies services, products and news/updates.

Posted: 08 June 2008 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-08

you absolutely rock! *hugs*
Just what i needed to know now to present this idea to the management !

Posted: 08 June 2008 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-06-08

Hi guys, was surfing the forums and had to register when I saw this, i have a question about wp blog seo?
I have a business log but it does not get indexed often, and when it does the blog post pages don’t index half the time and even when they do, they dont for the right keywords.?? any help with this?

Posted: 08 June 2008 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-15

ey Diva, welcome to CSS Drive.

I know how annoying it can be for your blogto take time to get crawled, i also know that many people find it hard to index most of their pages.

You can start off with fixing your permalinks if you have not, the best link structure is usually in the form of yoursite.com/your-post  to get that select the custom field in the permalinks tab, type the following wihtout spaces

/% postname %/ 

I would keep a text based header logo, if you want a normal banner then do that and stick the header text in between text then slap some css styling so the image overlaps it. That way google wont consider that stuffing and users see your image based logo not the ugly default header text.

Don’t worry about it not being indexed right away, sometimes it takes me 2hours, sometimes a day or two. It’s annoying. When you do make a blog post, check http://blogsearch.google.com/ It gives you how many minutes ago something is happening got posted and indexed. Usually takes a couple hours longer at most to get indexed in G.

Good luck, let me know if I can help you i ohter way!

Posted: 11 June 2008 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-08

That is amazing thanks so much Moni.
I was wondering, how would one go about promoting their blog to get traffic and new readers?

Posted: 11 June 2008 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-15

Tanya, that would take forever to discuss.

Have a look at this website/blog marketing forum, it could help you!

Posted: 26 August 2008 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-08-26

Actually I think it is a very good idea. Just embed it into the design, so it looks like news.

Wordpress is the platform that I would suggest.

Posted: 30 November 2008 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-11-30

keywords to rank for and get even more traffic, besides that its a nice personal touch for any site, even a business based site. Remember though, that a purely hardcore business site should not have one of those one on one personal blogs, more a general blog ‘about the main site’, your companies services.

Posted: 31 March 2009 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-31

Contact Builderdesign to create your dream community possible.real estate web design .

Posted: 25 September 2009 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-09-25

Hi,very impressive. Consumers would like to have that kind of feature. Blogging bout your upcoming activities or products would help a lot of consumers to really know more bout your products features.

Regards,
peropi101
Placement financier

Posted: 28 September 2009 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-09-28

Blogs are good for website. As already said blog helps you to keep your site updated, attract traffic on variety of keywords and other factors. But you should keep in mind few things.
1> install all in one seo plugin
2> edit the post template to include titles in headings
3>change permalink structure to this

% postname %/% postname % .html

on you have done that your blog urls will become like this http://outshinesolutions.com/blog/

Look at the url structure. It is blog/ category/ postname. more keywords means more traffic and it also maintains the hierarchy of the website.

Posted: 19 January 2010 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-19

Yeah…That will be a good idea of putting updates of your business in the blogs. who are willing to experiment with the medium, give feedback, and learn from one another’s experiences. Since weblogs implement a communication network, the word about an interesting innovation circulates very easily.

Posted: 22 January 2010 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-01-22

of course it is a good idea. if you are going into internet marketing, you should compete with about a million sites per month in search engines. i suggest you add two to three blogs for every blogsite per day, that will get a good page ranking and will give you the right prospects…

Posted: 26 January 2010 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-11-28

Having a blog instead of a classic static website is much better nowadays in terms of SEO. More key terms will definetely bring you more traffic.

In my opinion the best is to have a static site for your business and a blog as a subdomain (blog.mysite.com) or directory (mysite.com/blog). In that way you combine the pros of both static and dynamic urls.

Posted: 28 January 2010 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2009-12-28
Search Engine Optimization GR - 26 January 2010 03:05 PM

Having a blog instead of a classic static website is much better nowadays in terms of SEO. More key terms will definetely bring you more traffic.

Yes. I do agree with you.

Even, It would be also a great idea to post articles on website design tips and advices on your blog.

————————————————
Creative Los Angeles Web Design Co.

1 of 3