IE 7 Wrapper display issue
Posted: 26 June 2009 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-06-26

Hello,

I am having a problem with a client’s site that I am sure is a CSS wrapper issue. It’s happening in IE 7 for me - that is the version I have.  I have been told that is loads OK in IE 6 but cannot check it myself. It displays fine in Firefox, Opera & Netscape.

Here is the site in progress on my testing space:

http://www.tmsite.net/shanti/index.shtml

When viewing with IE 7 the header starts 1/2 way down the page and the top of the page displays just the background. If you refresh a few times “most of the time” it will right itself but not always.

Here is the CSS code I used:

body {
background: #240000 url(images/bg3.jpg) repeat-y center top;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
color: #CC9933;
}
#Wrapper {
margin: auto;
width: 100%;
height: 399px;
background: #240000 url(images/lbg.jpg) no-repeat center top;
}

Admittedly I do not use CSS in it’s pure form. My pages are still table-based layouts and not entirely W3C compliant. I am doing my best to learn how to ditch the tables but in the meantime I still have sites to complete and old habits die hard. I only design as a sideline and for a niche market. So I don’t mean to offend any of you who are doing it the right way. ;-)

I am having a hard time finding a solution to this issue.  I do my best to find the solution on my own but I am not having any luck. This is the first time I have attempted a double background using the wrapper so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time!

K

Posted: 16 July 2009 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-07-15

Admittedly I do not use CSS in it’s pure form. My pages are still table-based layouts and not entirely W3C compliant. I am doing my best to learn how to ditch the tables but in the meantime I still have sites to complete and old habits die hard. I only design as a sideline and for a niche market. So I don’t mean to offend any of you who are doing it the right way

simulation credit immo - Simulation credit immo. L’Internet a rendu encore plus facile d’obtenir de l’aide pour trouver le credit immo.

Posted: 17 July 2009 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-07-09

The link was not correct.

So, just quickly looking and without testing anything, your background properties need to be corrected.

When using word values, the first value would be one of these [top, center, bottom], the second would be one of these [left, center, right]

However, when using percentages or a pixel value, this is reversed to x-y coordinates.

Posted: 10 September 2009 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-09-10

That’s pretty good.
laser liposuction before and after pictures cost find pictures of a laser liposuction from before and after the treatment laser liposuction before and after pictures cost

Posted: 19 October 2009 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2009-10-11

it would be better to use pixels and not percentages. so that it would work in any browser depending upon pixels.
same view in any browser.