transparent logo with a repeating background.
Posted: 27 March 2008 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-09-07

I have a div tag for the header and inside that div tag I have a logo with transparent lettering; so it will inherit the same background color as the header div or body background. However, to save load time, I want to have a thin strip of gradient repeat across the rest of the header. In other words, I want a transparent logo that floats to the left , stays static, and changes color on each page(which will have it’s own background theme) while the portion of the header without the logo stays the same dark gradient look. I wan to change the header background color too so it will change the logo color. I’m probaly not making any sense….

I hope I didn’t lose any of yall.  My html code looks likes this:

<div id="header">
<
img class="logo" src="images/logo.png" alt="Fresh Energy Logo" />    
</
div

and my css code for the header looks like this:

.oneColFixCtr #header{
background:#fff;
display:block;
width:900px;
height:100px;
margin:0 auto;
background:url(../images/headerrepeatx.png);
background-attachment:static;
background-position:255px 0px;
background-repeat:repeat-x;

You can see the website in question in question at this url too: http://websites.rapidts.com/Fresh Energy Bakery/

Posted: 28 March 2008 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-03-05

Your webpage is not loading….......

My suggestion is if you want different background colors in your header on each page - instead of using inherit use different id’s for each background color.
In my opinion this will be much easier to manage.  I wish I could see the site in question to further help out.

Thanks

Posted: 28 March 2008 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-09-07

sorry, last night I remote the desktop into the computer that’s hosting this website and now it’s refusing connections to it.

It will be back up shortly after

Posted: 23 June 2008 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-06-23

Thanks for the tips for the background i will try this. and please visit for christain drug rehab.

Christian Drug Rehab