My copyright right moves slightly from page to page?
Posted: 12 March 2008 01:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-03-12

Alright… I give up on this one. The copyright moves up and down by a pixel or two between different pages. Go from the Home page to the Diabetes page and look at the footer and you will see. I have tried changing the margins, padding, and line-height on the text in the footer. I can get it to temporarily work but as soon as I change anything above the copyright (i.e. in the #content div) like line-height, add text, and etc it moves the copyright between pages again. Basically the content div is pushing down on the copyright differently depending on the amount of text that is in the article. Because other than the text all the articles pages code is exactly the same. All the footer text is a PHP include if that makes a difference. Thanks for looking at it because I have been working on this for quite a few days now and it is buggin the ba-jesus out of me?

I have a theory, the footer (thats where the copyright is) is absolute positioned. Therefore it is taken out of the flow of the document. Could this be the cause of my problem? So if I were to place all the copyright and footer links within another div within the footer div would that bring those back into flow? Like if I gave that new div a position of static or something? Or is it out of the flow regardless because it’s sitting inside of an absolute positioned div? Thanks a lot - here is the site in question

http://www.littleaboutalot.com/

Posted: 13 March 2008 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-11-12

I believe that this should get you on the right track. 

#footer {

padding0;

margin6px;

height60px;

background-color#F1F1E4;

text-aligncenter;

clearboth

Since your not using a background image for your footer then really is no need to give it an absolute width.

Posted: 13 March 2008 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-12

Sorry, but it’s absolutely positioned at the bottom. Your way the footer would come up underneath the text. And clear both, as far as I know,  only clears floated divs. Nothing is floated.

Posted: 13 March 2008 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-11-12

sorry about that I thought I had seen floats in your style sheet.

Posted: 14 March 2008 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-12

Thats OK thanks anyway though,

Alright!!! Overflow auto on the footer and I gave the footer an em based height - that kept the vertical scroll bar away when you increase the text size. Done! Fixed!

I have to give SuzyUK (over at web master world) her credit though - I could not have done it with out her. We went back and forth 44 times.
http://www.webmasterworld.com/css/3597067.htm