Forum text editor issue with IE.Fine in FF.
Posted: 02 March 2008 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-01-20

Hi,

I have recently installed Fireboard Forum on my website.

All seems to be working great except for one particular issue: when i test the forums out and try to start a “NEW THREAD” or “REPLY TOPIC” the text editor is wider than my content module using IE 6 and IE7 and so writing a message becomes very awkward. As there are no scroll bars there is no way of scrolling back to the left hand side of the message box.

It works fine though in Firefox (v.2.0.0.12)

I have tried playing around with the following lines but to no avail.

table#fb_postmessage .fb_txtarea {forum.css (line 142)
border:1px solid #CCCCCC;
height:300px;
overflow:auto;  (changed to scroll but to no avail)
width:95%; (changed various times, nothing in IE, but all changes rendered correclty in FF)
}

If someone could point me in the right direction i would very much appreciate it.

Here is the direct link to the forum :

http://www.equidaedirect.com/club-room/53.html

Thanks for reading.

Regards

Jayne

Posted: 05 March 2008 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-03-05

Try

width: auto;

Posted: 05 March 2008 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-20

Thanks ever so much for your reply.  Much appreciated.
I changed the widths to auto and have had success with the Name and Subject part of the editor.  Also the message box has reduced in size (however,  too small now tho!)  But still having the same problem with the “cancel” button not in view.
These were set at 95% widths before and i changed them to auto.

Thanks again.

Jayne

Posted: 05 March 2008 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-05

Instead of using width:auto;  try using actual pixels and not a percentage….  Try the message box width: 300px and fool around with it until it works in all browsers.  The buttons should be positioned and styled seperate from the rest of the Form….Hope this helps.

Posted: 05 March 2008 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-20

Fantastic! That seemed to work! 

I´m now only left with the problem with the buttons “submit” “preview” and “cancel”  not positioned correctly in IE. They are OK in FF. Also just below these buttons is the “author” and “message” box, where the “message” is mainly hidden. I have again tried to sort it but to no avail. In fact i am at a bit of loss as to where exactly i should be looking!
When i look at Firebug I can view the buttons as element.style {
text-align:center; but not sure where they are located.
}        If you wish to have a look, the link is at http://www.equidaedirect.com/club-room/73.html

Kind regards

Jayne

Posted: 06 March 2008 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-05

the buttons look fine to me…....i checked in both firefox and IE and do not see any problem with the buttons.

Posted: 06 March 2008 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-20

Thanks. I was using a machine with IE6.  I tested on IE 7 and yes its fine! I guess i need to find a IE 6 hack for this problem ?  As i believe according to W3 website there are still more IE6 users than IE 7.

Thanks

Jayne

Posted: 21 July 2010 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-07-12

I always tested with firefox, IE6, IE7, Google chrome and safari every time I did changed or improved my page..

Posted: 21 December 2010 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-09-17

Manufacturer of ball bearings, linear bearings, offer product catalogue with online order form, located in China.
Manufacturer of ball bearings, linear bearings, offer product catalogue with online order form, located in China.
Manufacturer of ball valves, Gate Valve, offer product catalogue with online order form, located in China.
Manufacturer of shearing machine, Plate Rolling Machines, offer product catalogue with online order form, located in China.

Manufacturer of EVA bag, PVC bag, zipper bag, offer product catalogue with online order form, located in China.

Manufacturer of coaxial heat exchanger, swimming pool heat exchangers, Gasket Plate heat exchanger, offer product catalogue with online order form, located in China.