1 of 4
Starting A Web Design Business - How Do I Attract Customers?
Posted: 06 September 2007 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-09-06

I’ve just started up a web design business, and am looking for some good ways to get customers. It’s aimed at individuals who want clean and simple websites, what methods should I use to advertise it for free? but i see a advertise about a new launched website Web Design Company it is the professional site because here is huge articles & templates how you attract the customer to your website, is there any other suggestion then tell me?

Posted: 30 September 2007 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2007-09-30

You didn’t post a link (or it was removed). I’d be happy to give you some friendly suggestions on your site - either post it he or contact me directly

Posted: 03 October 2007 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2007-09-28

dude, i need some suggestions also. hey can you check my website, mr browne?

Posted: 25 November 2007 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2007-08-26

Post on forums, blogs, and any where you can get human contact.  Its also a good way of link building to drive organic traffic from the search engines.

Posted: 14 December 2007 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2007-11-10

You could also submit your website in tops, design galleries and enter contests.

There are special websites where you can get small projects. (i.e. Scriptlance :cheese: )

Posted: 03 April 2008 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2008-04-03

hey can you check my website, mr browne?

Posted: 03 April 2008 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2007-11-10

Abcolut, do you have an affiliate program for your website? That’s a good way to get new customers in competitive industries.

Posted: 05 April 2008 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-04-05

mate i just joined this forum to throw out a big fuck you right at you and your site, $10 an hour for work on a website? do you work at McDonalds mate, I made more than that when I was 15? Its businesses like yours that cheapen our entire industry and is the reason web design is a unfairly low paid profession.

But in regards to your question, generally joining forums like you are now, posting a comment saying “can you look at my new site” helps get your link into Google so keep doing that. Good luck.

Posted: 13 May 2008 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-12

try to search for forums like this where you can find freelancers… Theres a lot of them if you just know where to find them.

Posted: 17 May 2008 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-05-15
Saroja - 06 September 2007 06:58 AM

I’ve just started up a web design business, and am looking for some good ways to get customers. It’s aimed at individuals who want clean and simple websites, what methods should I use to advertise it for free? but i see a advertise about a new launched website Web Design Company it is the professional site because here is huge articles & templates how you attract the customer to your website, is there any other suggestion then tell me?

Well there are several methods. One is the old fashioned way, rank your site in the serps for related keywords/keyphrases to funnel more targeted traffic.

You could always join Domain Forums, which is a smart approach, as there are few designers there to compete with, and more domainers, buying and selling domains, all of which essentially need to be developed.

Submit your site to a couple of GEO design related directories and as someone mentioned above, post on forums and blogs constructively, it never hurts.

Consider joining sites like eLance and ifreelance, bid on projects and see how that goes. Never forget the power of offline marketing either!

Good lucky buddy!

Posted: 21 July 2008 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-07-21

I’m also looking for clients. I’ve got my site set up with one portfolio item (my teaching blog), but need more paid work.

I guess I’ll hit up a couple of forums and check out the freelancing sites mentioned above.

If anyone is interested my portfolio site is Create Sean - nice pun create sean = creation if you say it quickly.

Posted: 19 September 2008 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-09-19

create sean…  i like that. its somewhat memorable and stands out from the rest

Posted: 10 October 2008 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-10-10

Moni - you mentioned getting your site listed high in Google as a means of getting business.

Can anyone tell me what volume of website design enquiries they get once they get their site in the first 1-3 results for a town?

We’ve recently moved business from Ipswich (where we had only just got to position 3 - 6 depending on the query) to Bury St Edmunds (where I need to do some more SEO work and get some relevant backlinks to improve rankings).

Will all my SEO efforts pay off or is there just too much competition out there? Does anyone have any views?

Posted: 23 January 2009 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-23

The success of your business relies greatly on your ability to attract a steady stream of customers. So if you’re not as busy as you’d like to be, try a few of these methods and watch your sales soar.

Step1
Launch a Web site. Web sites provide your company with worldwide exposure and give your customers convenient access to your services and products.

Step2
Host a grand opening or open house. Invite local business owners and residents from surrounding neighborhoods. Provide refreshments, drawings for door prizes, free merchandise samples, and have plenty of business cards and company brochures on hand.

Step3
Monitor the quality of your services and products constantly. Satisfied customers who spread the word about your business are the best source of new customers. Pay attention to pricing, customer service, product availability and prompt delivery.

Step4
Explore various types of traditional advertising methods such as classified ads, yellow page ads, television and radio spots, and display ads in magazines and on other Web sites. Go with what meets your budget and best reaches your target group.

Step5
Support a local charity by sponsoring a fundraising event such as a food drive, toy drive or walkathon. Arrange for a formal presentation of your donation with cameras at the ready and try to get a local newspaper to publish the photograph.

Step6
Distribute fliers and business cards door to door, place them under car windshield wipers and tack them to local apartment, college and community center bulletin boards.

Step7
Maintain a visible presence within your industry. Participate in trade shows, attend community events and offer to speak on your area of expertise at seminars.
Ads by Google
Sample Marketing Plan
Extensive Marketing Plan Template Download it Now & Get the Job Done!
BizTree.com

Free Business Plans
Free Training, Tools And Software For Small Businesses In India
india.smetoolkit.org/businessplan

Jobs for Freshers.
1000’s of Jobs in Companies. Submit your Resume Free.Now!
MonsterIndia.com

ROI based Ad objectives
Web based Enterprise solution Track,Measure & Distribute Leads
http://www.offerinfo.in

Tips & Warnings

* In addition to the information or products your Web site will showcase, make your Web site an entertaining experience. Provide features such as free e-mail postcards, electronic scratch-off tickets for free prizes, and links to game Web sites and chat rooms.
  * Exchange banner ads with Web sites that represent similar or complementary businesses. For example, if you own a pet supply business, exchange banner ads with a veterinary clinic.
  * Send a press release about your open house or grand opening event to the business section of your local paper. Make sure to also send a press kit with information about your company, its owners and key personnel. Emphasize the unique features of your business and, if possible, tie it to a local issue or current event to increase the chances of media coverage.
  * Give existing customers a small gift or discounts toward future purchases in return for referring new customers.
  * Offer special discounts for new customers in all of your advertising.

==========================================================================

napster

Home Based Business

Posted: 03 April 2009 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-03

i think you should test adwords and then google organic traffic and then go for an email compaign.

Posted: 21 April 2009 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-21

Its all about affiliates.. For example site a refers people to site b and site b refers people to site a, Science it works

1 of 4