Problems with IE6
Posted: 07 November 2007 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-11-07

Hi All,

I’m new to this forum - so a BIG Hello first of all !

I’ve developed this web page, which at the moment looks fine in IE7 and Mozilla Firefox. However, it looks ‘all over the place’ when viewed in IE6.

http://www.ajingar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/newsite/shadows2/index.html

The are lots of explanations of how to have cross-browser compatability, but I don’t know where to start. If anyone can help, I’d be very grateful ! ;-)

Also, if you look at the menu at the top, it behaves exactly how I want in Mozilla Firefox (i.e. when you hover over the links, it underlines it). In IE7, it only underlines a link once I’ve clicked on the link first! But it still won’t work until I click on the other links one by one! Bizarre.

I’m relatively new to CSS, and so apologies for being a muppet in advance!

Thanks,

Ash

Posted: 25 November 2007 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2005-07-19

Hi Ash, it looks like a promising design.  Glad to have you hrere.  Apologies on the delay of response.  It looks like you got things working.  Otherwise, I see no problem with IE7 and the underline and I don’t see the all-over-ness there.  Hope you fixed it all up right!:)  If there’s anything else you need help on, don’t hesistate to call upon this community, (although unfortunately we’re a bit sluggish)

Posted: 05 December 2007 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-11-07

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your response. Sorry, I managed to find the problem and fixed it (IE6 rendering problem). The links problem was to do with the order in which I stated the links, it should have been:

a:link { }
a:visited { }
a:hover { }
a:active { }

Thank you,

Regards,

Ash