Some input please
Posted: 18 May 2011 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-11

I had this website made for my bar last year, but have been slow at actually filling it with content. I’m just about done but there are a few snags I could do with some help on and any other input would be appreciated as well.

The front page is: Dragonfly Bar Chiang Mai and is designed to re-size depending on the screen it is viewed on. When you click one of the buttons instead of going to a new page the page will display on top of the home page.

One of the problems is the when I put a link to the home page in the text for example like this: Bar Chiang Mai it opens the home page in the smaller window which looks silly. If you refresh (F5) you close the ‘popup’ window and return to the home page so I have thought about making a ‘link’ that when you click it it refreshes instead of directing, but I don’t know how to code it in html.

Other links work fine so if you are in the “About Us” text and click: Chiang Mai girls it looks good as everything is the same. But if you click the link from an external source like this page, you loose all the cool front-page design and the F5 method won’t work.

I am not entirely satisfied with the way the sub-pages look either, so any design feedback will be welcome as well.

Thank you for your help

Posted: 01 June 2011 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2010-04-23

The layout is nice. The moving background is annoying.

Posted: 23 June 2011 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-11

Thank you for your reply, What screen size do you use. I find that the moving background looks fine on a large screen, but I havn’t checked it out on smaller screens.

Any other input?

Posted: 23 June 2011 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2010-09-15

They perfect symmetry of your web buttons isn’t too great either. Personally, I would avoid perfect symmetry like that because somehow it almost always looks awkward. I would make the contact form fields a different color than white too. A medium gray would be better, I think.

Posted: 03 July 2011 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2010-12-04

Nice idea for the front page!
Not too fond of the moving B/G though…
A nice start!

Posted: 16 July 2011 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2010-04-07

I have a large screen resolution, and I really dislike the the moving background.  Your eye wants to follow it instead of looking at the buttons and information.  Also, you should make the entire button click-able and not just the text.  At first, I thought they were dead links since clicking the button did nothing, until I realized I had to click on the actual text.