You can also post comments and feedback about our website on our blog here

Thanks to those of you who have given feedback already, very helpful

Marcel

Posted: 03 September 2007 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2007-08-26

It is rather…. white…

I’m on a 1680x1050 monitor, so everything is exaggerated.  But I’d say there is way too much white space.  Cheers.

Posted: 04 September 2007 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-05-22

The layout looks nice, text is formatted very well and confortable to read but could use some type of body bg color or at least the page container. Its very straining to look at the background.

Posted: 05 September 2007 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-08-31

Okay… guess you took the site down:
==============================
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at theambertheatre.com Port 80
===============================

—At any rate based off what I remember… while I thought the basic layout of the site WORKS… given theatre is in the name I’d like to see a more dynamic and/or elegant font choice and maybe even more important a SPLASH of color of some sort.  Without color and at least a more dynamic font choice in the headers (whether by size, boldness, color, etc.) the design just kinda lays there, it never lifts you up and says come with me see what’s here!

Posted: 06 September 2007 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-09-04

It needs more color. I would suggest adding a pattern of some sort for the background- something that relates to theater. Make the container stand out by adding a background shadow to it and perhaps change it’s background color as well. Then do the same thing with the columns and finally add a graphic in the center with the logo.

But a background color would do just fine.

Posted: 30 September 2007 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2007-09-30

I loved it - very minimalist and excellent use of the whitespace (even though some might not agree with me on that…)