Modal CSS Dialog Tutorial
Posted: 29 September 2007 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2007-09-03

Creating true modal dialogs in browsers other than Internet Explorer is not easy - showModalDialog is a MSIE thing. And then there are other issues

a. Lack of control over the dialog UI
b. Cumbersome access to objects in the document from which the modal dialog was opened
c. Modals blocked by user browser settings or a firewall

All of these problems can b e avoided by simply creating a simulated modal dialog using the power of CSS. Here is a tutorial explaining how

http://www.explainth.at/en/css/dlg.shtml

Posted: 10 November 2010 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-10-17

Ok this forum turned out to be really interesting. I’m learning a lot by lurking but i guess i lurked enough lol. Thanks man for the dialog. By the way i think IE6 has become obsolete nowadays (what a relief) so we should see less problems. But either ways, i really love CSS because it managed to solve many, i mean MANY of my coding and XHTML compliance problem. Power to style sheeters!

Ferist.
Trading systems.

Edit: Wow i can’t believe i commented on a thread only to discover that it’s a 3 years old one! anyway, the effort of the OP was worth a thank you though.

Posted: 23 November 2010 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-11-23

OH man, I was really hoping that joining this forum would help me understand css communications as a service but I’m feeling pretty overwhelmed. Maybe I need to take a class at this point. I could spend all day in these forums and come out still scratching my head.

Posted: 25 December 2010 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2010-12-14
ReggieMasters - 23 December 2010 11:23 PM

Does modal dialog effect SEO searchability?  I just read a great thread on SEO friendly shopping carts.  Does modal dialog effect this?

Anything that is dynamicly generated won’t help you with your seo.It’s really easy just check the source file of a certain page and check if the part u want to show to se exists.If it doesn’t se bots wont see it either.

car dvd player | headrest dvd player

Posted: 07 February 2011 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-11-23
Ferist - 10 November 2010 03:12 PM

By the way i think IE6 has become obsolete nowadays (what a relief).

I wish. My employer still uses it. It’s incredibly hard to develop sites that look good and are searchable for IE anything. There should be public service announcements about this!

business continuity

Posted: 12 March 2011 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-03-12

its really hard when the site viewed by IE6. add more job to the schedule

Tips Trick Computer | Costum .Biz URL Shortener

Posted: 15 March 2011 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2010-04-23

Great sample.