Does Social networking work for web design business?
Posted: 13 January 2011 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-13

I have in web development business for 2 years and tried a bit on social networking sites like Twitter , Facebook etc. All my effort did not pay anything.  I doubt if it really works or just a hype is going on. If some experienced one focus some light on how to get client from Social site that will be a great help to me.

Posted: 22 January 2011 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2011-01-21

Yes, I agree with you, social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter are not only networking websites but also they are business place now, lots of people are doing business using these sites. Tye are also beneficial to increase traffic of your site as well.

Posted: 22 January 2011 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-20

Well, the social network is all about public relation activities.
If you have something important to say, or have a your own opinion or advice, why not.
We work at the same niche. Plus we provide for our customers ethical seo and social media management services.
Trust me, nowadays it is very important to create social network. It’s not about a backlinks or find the fat client. It is your community voice, professional opinions and advices.
Advicegraphics Internet Marketing | Web design

Posted: 23 January 2011 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2010-12-16

I need to ask the same Q
“If some experienced one focus some light on how to get client from Social site that will be a great help to me.”
Site builder

Posted: 26 February 2011 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-02-26

How much time should one spend in social networking sites.I tweeted about my acai berry site for some time but without any result,though my list of followers have multiplied but there is no significant increase in traffic to my site.

Posted: 27 February 2011 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2011-02-20

Keep working at it!
If users and potential clients see you are open, upfornt and have a good relationship with your friends and more importantly clients, they will be more inclined to use yoru services.

Posted: 08 March 2011 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-12-10

Have you tried to focus your facebook and twitter promotions to your local market before trying the very broad “internet” market. Making a web 2.0 presence with FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Places + living Social or groupon + craigslist might have a better impact if started locally than globally.

Posted: 15 March 2011 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-03-12

I personally do believe it works as I also do it myself

Posted: 22 June 2011 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2011-01-19

Social places such us twitter and facebook plays a big role these days for seo as google gives lots of weight for the activities on such sites.
And no matter what type your business is…web design or any other…

usa guaranteed signups
how to make candles

Posted: 23 June 2011 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2010-09-15
Incognito19 - 08 March 2011 05:31 PM

Have you tried to focus your facebook and twitter promotions to your local market before trying the very broad “internet” market. Making a web 2.0 presence with FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Places + living Social or groupon + craigslist might have a better impact if started locally than globally.

I have to agree. I think you should focus on a local presence before working broadly. I think you should join all of these sites and stay active in them to promote yourself.

Posted: 24 June 2011 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2010-06-17
webdesigner11 - 13 January 2011 08:27 AM

I have in web development business for 2 years and tried a bit on social networking sites like Twitter , Facebook etc. All my effort did not pay anything.  I doubt if it really works or just a hype is going on. If some experienced one focus some light on how to get client from Social site that will be a great help to me.

I felt the same for quite some time but then realized that was a bit like using 2004 SEO strategies and when they don ‘t work , assuming SEO is a scam (we’ve all heard that one right?)  Social media is it’s own thing and simply splashing up a Twitter page and shouting into the dark about how great you are isn’t going to cut it - it’s a conversation and finding and engaging relevant, targeted people is the trick.  There are experts at just this and there’s a reason.

I don’t claim to be a social media expert but once I figured out how it works effectively in my industry for what I want to accomplish it all came together.

I’d highly recommend reading Brian Carter’s blog for some info.  Also reading Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Watch, etc. for social tips will take you a long way.

Good luck !!!

Dave Davies
Beanstalk SEO